Saturday, February 09, 2008

Fun with Photoshop

Bean played a bit with photoshop filters. Not the Mama was doing it with some of Little Isis photos, and she wanted to try it with me.

This is the watercolor filter. I think the photoshop of Little Isis eyes turned out much better. Perhaps on a different picture?

This is the Neon edges filter. I like the way this one turned out. I think it is my favorite of the experiments, as it makes me look dark and mysterious.

This is the poster edges filter. I suppose when I become a Celebricat, there will be lots of posters made of me, and they will look like this?

This is the glowing edges filter. It's kind of cool. We will have to try this one on different photos...maybe something with more white edges or perhaps a Mardi Gras shot where I'm wearing my fancy collar. It might yield some interesting results.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

way cool! the Lady duzzn't have any cool software like that. yet. we're gonna make her do something 'bout it.

Mo and The Purries said...

Love the one of you in the glowing edges, Diamond!
Here's a photoshop trick I learned for kitty pictures - resize your image LARGER first when using some features, like "watercolor", "dry brush", or "colored pencil" ~ that way you get more detail. Then, re-size the image back to where it was before publishing.
For example, if you have a 300x300 pixel image, try re-sizing it to 900x900 and applying the photoshop feature. Then save. Then re-size back down to 300x300. It captures more detail.
Another hint - when it's at the larger size, try increasing the contrast and/or enhancing the color saturation, BEFORE doing the enhancement feature.
Just some tricks I've learned from playing with photoshopping kitty pictures!

Looking forward to seeing more of your photoshopping adventures!
cheers,
Not The Mama

Mickey's Musings said...

Those are super cool images!!!!!
And Mo,thanks for the pointers :)
Purrs Mickey