Thursday, January 29, 2015

A Day In My Life

When momma gets up, this is where she usually finds me.


I'm on the bottom corner. It's my spot.

Sometimes, I have to walk up to her ear and meow, repeatedly, loudly, because there's this problem in the kitchen.


Isn't this horrible? Momma sometimes just scratches my ears and tells me "it will be okay. You won't starve. I'm tired", and then she rolls over and goes back to sleep. Oh the horror. But I endure and she gets up.

She heads for the shower (What is with humans who HAVE to stand in water!?) and I go into the living room to wait.


Her friend, Chris, sent her a bunch of things that came in nifty boxes. I have claimed this one. She'll mess around in the kitchen to make breakfast so I move from the box to the cat tree.


I just sit and wait because I know what comes next.

It doesn't matter if it's a week day, when momma goes off to work, or the weekend, when she decides what task to do after breakfast, it's always the same.


TREATS! Sometimes I jump down off the tree and take my treats on the bottom. Sometimes I take them on the shelf where I was sitting.

During the weekends, when momma is home, she does a lot of things in the living room. I like to supervise her tasks.


There is the added advantage of being right at ear scratching height, too. But all this attention can be annoying so I let momma know that I'm tired of ear scratching and she can supervise herself.


Eventually, I move back to the bed and get really comfortable.


The tail goes one way, with room to move, and my feet go another way, with room to stretch out.


On weekends, momma does laundry and that means I get to sleep in the clothes.


Momma's nice that she doesn't care about furs on clothes and she'll even tell me, when she dumps the clothes on the bed, "Here you go, Pilchard."

Sometimes, momma will clean and use the bed to sort things, like she did on Monday night.


She had all these really nice piles of paper on the bed. Mija and I simply could not resist.

After a day of naps, more naps, food, nap, and ear scratching, momma will sit down in her recliner. I get lap time. That's when we really have quality time, her and I.


She watches TV, I get everything scratched and I get another nap. Momma says this time is best. Sometimes, even she falls asleep.

So, that's my day. What's yours like?

Pilchard

6 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

That sounds like a good day at your place,especially the scritches :)
We do think, however, that she should feed you first before she does anything else when she wakes up!
Purrs Georgia and Julie,
Treasure and JJ

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I wish my human was as organized about her routines as yours is, Pilchard!

Crafting Queen said...

Wow sounds like you have a really busy day. :) Don't like that your breakfast is late, not good. :)My Daddy does my breakfast because he is up first. Have a great weekend.

Eastside Cats said...

Pilchard, my kitties get fed usually before I do! What's that all about? When it's super cold, I make sure the 'o' cats get their kibble as early as I can, so they can scurry back into their insulated Cat Hotel. Well, except for Patty O'Malley, who loves the snow and cold (it seems), 'cause he's always running around and playing in the stuff. Weird.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

first and foremost....your Mama's day, shower, whatever, should NOT take place before you are fed. Feel free to tell her that I said that too. Love, Cody

meowmeowmans said...

Your day sounds pretty darned awesome, Pilchard. We need to get our mom and dad on that kind of schedule (except for the making you wait for breakfast part). :)

Hugs!

Moosey, Gracie and Zoe