Sunday, June 01, 2014

She's Back!

On May 19th, mom brought up the big suitcase from the basement and started tossing clothes into it. Mija and I don't like that because it means she's going away on a trip that's more than a couple days. We were right. She left on the 22nd and came back on the 30th. That's a long time. Mom's best friend checks in on us every day but she's not mom. I didn't leave my corner of mom's bed for more than food and the occasional sits by the door when Pam came to feed us.

So mom is back. I decided the best place to be on Friday night was over the back of the recliner so I could be close to demand ear scratches.


Yesterday, mom laid out her clothes for the day. When she does this, I don't know if she's leaving and never coming back or just going off to work. I think I need to make sure she doesn't go anywhere.


She tricked me into moving by putting other clothes on the bed. I wasn't sure which clothes to lie on so I moved to the new pile and she quick got dressed. I'm going to have to rethink my delaying tactics here. She was just leaving to return the rental car she drove to Virginia and back to see her daughter. Mom came back after going to lunch with Pam.

I get kinda worried that she's going to go somewhere so I've been following her around. Today, she spent part of the morning cleaning out all the boxes she brought home. Boxes! I had to supervise. Some of the boxes are too small for me so those are going into the recycling can. She did bring home a perfectly Pilchard-sized one, however.

Mom says she's not going anywhere now until October, except for an overnight for work. I hope not. I miss her, as does Mija, when she goes away. She says a vacation is good for her and for us. Whatever. Now we can get back to the business of catching these June bugs that have somehow gotten into the house.

See you later.

Pilchard.


3 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Pilchard, your human should inform you kitties of her schedule ALWAYS - and make sure it meets with your approval!

Mickey's Musings said...

Oh we are happy your Mom is home too. We do not like when Mom goes away either. There is nobody to snuggle with at night.
We like to lay in bed with Mom and hear those June bugs hit the window!
So far, none have come in.Darn!
Purrs Georgia and Julie,
Treasure and JJ

Anonymous said...

Gld yous mommys back and suwe hoope yous got sum nummy noms.

Luv an Hugs and Kitty kisses

Dezi