Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I Got Dis, Maybe

Sunday was sunny and really warm. Mom let us come out onto the deck while she read. Mija didn't like the heat and went back inside.


One of the things that happens when mom leaves the back door open is that we get bugs, flying bugs, in the house. After she came inside, there was a big one in the living room.

I'm gonna get this, okay, mom?


I spy that fly.


Oh boy, I think it landed on mom's purse.


Ready, set, swat.


Hmmmm.

Mom calls me her "fearless hunter". I'm not so sure.


That fly is at the upper right of the photo. Mom had to go get the flyswatter.

Oh well. It's the first fly of the season. Give me a month and I'll get 'em all.

See you next week.

Pilchard

8 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Oh well, Pilchard - I guess you've just got to get back in practice!

Mickey's Musings said...

Considering it's the first fly of the season, you want to play with it for a good while...right?
Too bad your Mom spoiled your fun :/
Purrs Julie

Selina said...

Pilchard, do you ever get those BIG mosquitoes in your house? We do, and I bring 'em down myself!

Well, maybe with SOME help from MomKatt w/the flyswatter. But at least I spot 'em for her. She's half blind anyway ... MOL

Purrz and I love your coat!

Selina

CatInTheFridge said...

stomp on it, pilchard. Or, perhaps, you're a pacifist and you let it go on purpose. A noble cause. - Crepes.

meowmeowmans said...

We know you were just warming up, Pilchard. Any more flies that come in the house won't stand a chance, right? :)

Eastside Cats said...

It's just a fly...you're working up to the really good stuff, like moths!

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Looks like a purrfect SUNday !

Kitties Blue said...

Astrid is our little fly hunter, swatter and eater. Mom knows she can always depend on her if a bug gets in the house. XO, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo