Thursday, February 20, 2014

I'm Right Here

We cats like our routine. Mom gets up, has breakfast, goes to work, comes home, does chores, lets me sit in her lap, plays on the computer, goes to bed. We do that for 5 days and then she's home all day for 2 days. We're used to that. It's comforting.

This winter has been weird. With all the large amounts of white stuff outside, mom comes home, sometimes when we're not expecting her. Maybe she comes in the front door, but usually, she comes in the back door. It scares us. It doesn't matter if she calls out, "Hi girls! I'm home early", it's still scary to hear footsteps, a key in the door and a voice when we're not expecting it.

Mija hides. I usually just stay where I'm at. Thing is, mom often doesn't know where that is. A girl needs to be comfortable and mom brought up a laundry basket of clothes on Sunday night and didn't put them away. I think that means I can claim them, don't you?

So mom was sent home early on Monday because we were getting more snow. She called my name, but I have this spot all nice and warm. It's kind of funny to hear mom's voice get a bit more anxious when I don't come out to greet her. Honestly, humans, I'm comfortable.


Her red sweater is really cozy and the basket was near the floor vent so, occasionally, there was a warm breeze. I didn't want to move.

Yeah, she found me. I said, "Hello" when she did. I'm not sure why she wasn't all that amused.

See you next week.

Pilchard

6 comments:

Marilia said...

We are waiting your next post!
Kisses

Angel Prancer Pie said...

We don't blame you a bit for not getting up. What a primo spot!

Happy Thursday!
XOXO

Mickey's Musings said...

Ditto what Sparkle said ;)
Besides, if your Mom leaves her laundry out, then it must be for you :) Close to the heater? Bonus!!
Your Mom;s routine sounds like our Mom's ;)
Purrs Georgia and Julie,
Treasure,JJ
and Angels Tiger and Tillie

Selina said...

We LOVE it when MomKatt comes home unannounced or off schedule. Morticia tries to work it to get fed earlier - and she's successful about 50% of the time - and the rest of us just trot behind her, trying to find out (A) why she's home early and (B) when she sits down so someone - ME! - can get her lap!

Purrz!
Selina

CatInTheFridge said...

stay warm, pilchard. - Crepes.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Pilchard I wouldn't have come in either, who wants to get up when they are all nice and comfy?