Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I Am Black ... Sort Of

Mom has a degree in Art. You can tell when you look at the walls in our house. She spends months searching for just the right color. Color means a lot to her. So, here I am, a black cat. Black, in lighting, is the absence of color, but in paint, it's the mixing of all colors. Mom says, when the sun shines on me, I'm not completely black.


She says I reflect the sunlight and there is a brown color in my fur.


I don't know about all of that. I just know that resting in the sunshine makes me all warm and toasty. Mom says I take really good photos then, too.


See you next week. 

Pilchard. 

5 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

You black kitties are way more colorful than (non-artistic) humans give you credit for.

Selina said...

We black kitties are the color that goes with everything and is NEVER out of fashion!

Purrz!
Selina

The Island Cats said...

Hi Pilchard. I'm a black kitty...sort of, too.

Ernie

Mickey's Musings said...

In the sun, Tillie has reddish furs.
Some say it is cinnamon underwear ;) heehee
Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
Treasure,Tiger, JJ and Julie

A Tonl said...

Your black fur is NUANCED, Mommy says! Beautiful!