Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Recitation

I don't like my claws clipped. As nice as mom is, she has to hold me tightly in her lap and push on my paws. Then she takes this clipper and, *snip*. I think it's being held, tightly, that bothers me. Not even copious ear scratching and extra treats gets me over the indignity of claw clipping.



But there is one thing that's really curious. Mom usually recites this after clipping. I'm told it's called a "poem". She has it memorized.

The fog comes
on little cat feet.

It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on. 

See you next week.

Pilchard.

8 comments:

meowmeowmans said...

Some of us aren't crazy about claw clipping, either, Pilchard. Do you get a treat when your Mom recites that nice poem? Because the promise of treats always makes us a little more willing to tolerate a clipping. MOL!

Bernadette said...

Our human does us all at the same time in what she calls a "claw trimming party". It doesn't feel like a part to us, but we let her do this because it seems to make her happy, and you have to keep these humans happy or they'll do even worse, like dress you up. Well, it does start to feel like a party when we get treats at the end!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Binga hates claw clipping with a passion! My human manages to do it in spite of her griping. And I don't know why she complains so much - she ALWAYS gets a treat afterwords! Boodie and I don't mind our mani-pedis.

CatInTheFridge said...

stupid clippers! paws don't need to be fogged!!(actually, I secretly like the little poem, but don't tell anyone. ) Crepes.

Mickey's Musings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mickey's Musings said...

Pilchard,we agree! We all struggle some when Mom clips our nails. Sometimes Mom can only do a few nails or one paw!It is an ongoing battle(she eventually wins).
See you next week beautiful :)
Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
Treasure,Tiger, JJ and Julie

Little Reufus said...

I amb not a kitty kat, butt wood yeu consider taking ub my nail clibbing reuteen???

My the Mom iss a big chiggin, so nail clibbings are relegated teu the beterinarian or the *shudder* greumer.

wif lubbs from Little Reufus

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Porching is the best. I have one at the back garden and I have my own bed there too.