- Nicknames: Easy-E, E-Cat, Ernie-Cat, Bubbs
- Birthdate: I'm not sure of the exact day...I think I was born sometime in July 2005. That makes me about 3 years old. But I consider my real birthday as the day my Mom brought me to my forever home - March 11, 2006.
- Weight: About 13 lbs.
- My Story: Mom adopted me when I was about 7 months old. I don't remember much before that. They say I lived somewhere where they wouldn't allow pets so I ended up in the shelter. (My Dad thinks I lived on the streets somewhere.) The shelter people were nice but I'm so happy my Mom picked me!!
- Peculiar Marks: I'm a polydactyl. Which means I have extra toes...I have 7 toes on each of my front paws and 5 on each of my back feet. Mom says it makes me special. Any other Poly Panthers out there???
- Name Story: My name at the shelter was Mister. Mom quickly changed it to Ernie. I'm named after Ernest Hemmingway, the author. Beside his writings, he's famous for having polydactyl cats. In fact, Hemmingway's house in Key West, Florida is now a historical site. And it's home to many polydactyl cats...some which are the original decendants of Hemmingway's cats!
- Favorite Moment: When Mom brought me home from the shelter.
- Likes: Feet...I don't know why, I just do.
- Dislikes: The fact that people are afraid of black cats and are reluctant to adopt black cats because of superstitions. I'm sure you all agree, black cats are wonderful!
- Favorite Activity: Whapping pens off the table and playing with them on the floor, even though it drives my Mom crazy!
I'm really excited to be a House Panther!! Every other Tuesday, I'll share stories with you about life as an Island Cat! In the meantime, you can visit me at http://island-cats.com/. Wally and Zoey are there too, but they aren't Panthers!!!
See ya soon!!!