Monday, March 19, 2007

The Smudge Report

Smudge is doing well at Grandma's. I got to spend some time with him after he had his weekly fluid treatment. Although he seems to be stabilizing, there is something about him that just seems diminished somehow. I can't put my finger on it but it haunts me.

Since Magoo and Baci had to go to the V-E-T on Saturday, my wife and I decided that we could just head to Grandma's right afterwards with boy boys in tow. We thought it might be good for both Magoo and Smudge to know that the other was still around. I had read that cats can develop anxiety if they see cats being taken out of the house and never see them again. They are smart enough to start associating the PTU with leaving and not coming back.

It was somewhat heartbreaking to see Smudge nuzzle his brother Magoo. He knew who Magoo was and he still loves his brother. Magoo was so tired after his V-E-T visit that he just curled up and started to go to sleep in the sink. I have a picture and I will update this post as soon as I get it from Grandma.

Smudge's Dad

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the Smudge/Magoo relationship sounds so sweet and we'd love to see the picture in the sink. did Smudge get to meet Baci?

a fluffy feline friend said...

Awww. That is both wonderful and sad. Wonderful that the two boys still get on, but also sad because it sounds like Smudge misses Magoo. I know you did the right thing for Smudge by letting him move to Grandma's, but it sounds like Smudge wouldn't mind the occasional visit from his big brother? :)

Karen Jo said...

I'm glad that Magoo got to visit Smudge. It's too bad that Magoo was so tired that he really didn't enjoy the visit all that much. I am looking forward to the picture.

Mr. Hendrix said...

That is sweet and sad. Maybe Magoo can visit Smudge on a day he doesn't have a vet visit first. I'm sure it is so hard to see your sweet Smudge but not get to bring him to your home. I'm positive Smudge knows how much you love him and that he loves you just as much!