Saturday, August 30, 2008

Stygian Saturdays: The First

Greetings, my fellow House Panthers, and welcome to the first of Stygian Saturdays! My name is Stygia, and I am a very investigative reportcat.

You may be wondering to yourself, "Why Stygian?" Well, first of all because that is my name. That part is of course obvious! However, I realize that everycat may not have encountered this word before, so here is a link that will explain to you why I have my name, and the definition of the word stygian.

Each Saturday I will be doing a feature on a variety of subjects important to us House Panthers. This week's is going to be short due to me needing to attend to some family issues and me needing to be there for them. However, I will cover one important topic: The Proper Surroundings For A House Panther.Here, I am demonstrating being in a proper location for a House Panther. What makes it so proper? Well, most importantly, the hamper I am occupying is black. A House Panther should strive for harmony in his or her surroundings, because we want to look our best at all times. Any black surface or material will do. For instance, if your human wears black pants to work and comes home and lays them on the bed before hanging them up, a proper House Panther will immediately sit down on the pants. Be sure to look so comfortable that your human will feel bad if he or she tries to move you or remove the pants.

post signature
All right! Now that we have covered that basic tenant, I would like to encourage you to leave a comment here for me suggesting anything you'd like to see here in the future. You may also send email to me at the address I share with my sister, tabbynormal @ gmail dot com. If you write to Dear Stygia for advice, I will try my very best to answer your question on my next Saturday! Also be sure to visit my sister and I at our regular blog, Tabby Normal and the Stygian Panther. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We sure agree about the black surroundings! The Lady has black comforters and sheets, plus a black couch and black furniture. She's always having to turn on lights to find us, and leaves a night light on in the hall, so no feet will come in contact with us.

Nomi said...

I lie on miewmie's clothes if she leefs them on the bed. She then has to wear somefing else ! haha

The Island Cats said...

Hi ya, Stygian! First off, we don't think you are anything like your name...you don't seem gloomy, darkk or h*llish! (But we know that your sister may disagree with our assessment.)

Secondly, Ernie usually picks mom's light colored pants to lay on so that mom will never forgot that he was there!

Can't wait for more of your advice!

Wally, Ernie & Zoey